Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

This year, I have so much to be thankful for. To try to make a list would be crazy -- as the list seems endless right now.


We have been blessed beyond measure and are settling into our new home nicely. It is so hard to believe that we've only been in for 3 weeks now. It has definately become home to us quickly and I can't even begin to tell you how many incredible deals I have found and clearance items that have jumped in front of me to make decorating this house a snap! As I finish painting this week and look forward to celebrating Thanksgiving, something very important is missing and my heart hurts.


I so long to have my precious little Haitian children sitting beside me at the dinner table tomorrow. I so wish they were here and that we weren't missing one more day of their lives. It is very difficult to know their situation ... and to be unable to do anything about it right now. Tomorrow, they will truly be missed as we celebrate all of God's blessings. YET -- they are certainly 2 of the biggest blessings of all. We are so fortunate to know them already, to have a close relationship with them ... To know that God chose them for us, and us for them. For that I am SO thankful -- so grateful.


So this Thanksgiving, I celebrate my children: Alexis Kathleen (8), Dourison Elijah (2.5), and Emily Grace (2.5). What incredibly precious gifts they are to me. What an honor it is to have been chosen to be their mother. I AM BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE.




















EMILY






























ALEXIS and DOURISON























8 comments:

  1. your not their mother..yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am. Thank you. Just because a piece of paper has to say it to make it legal, doesn't mean it isn't real in my heart. And you spell "you're" with an e :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. shelly, I agree with who ever said you're not their mother yet. I can imagine this has got to be hard for you to wait and wait i just don't want you to get hopes to high.
    Good luck with everything
    god bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ye of little faith ... It is obvious that you know me, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this ... therefore, I find it odd (and honestly somewhat annoying) that you guys are posting anonymously rather than letting me know who you are. Either way, here's the thing: God told me these two were to be my children. He led me to them, He bonded us together this past summer, without a doubt. He told me which adoption agency to use. He has provided the money I have needed so far. He literally drove me to the home I bought 4 weeks ago, and worked out MANY crazy details to make it work financially for me. It isn't a matter of getting hopes high, it is a matter of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your an inspiration
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is doing many wonderful things in your life! Love the house

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shelly, I just stumbled across your blog after you became facebook friends with my sister-in-law Bev Vanderwell. I haven't figured out your connection to her yet but it is a small world.

    We met at the Haitian church this past May for the flag day celebration. I followed your bloggin on the Merrit's site this past summer and really enjoyed it.

    Congratulations on your adoption journey! It truly is a journey of faith and patience. Did you know that I organize a twice-a-year Haitian adoption gathering? If you want me to, I can put your email address in my database so that you will be notified about when the next gathering with be.

    In Him,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cheryl ... its been a bit crazy, moving and all in the last month ... promise to keep better up on blogging once the new year hits. Great to hear from you ... I know Bev because she and I went to college together :) mystery solved! I did not know that you organized those and I would love to become a part of it ... thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete