Thursday, November 12, 2009

Why We're Blogging

Lexi and I spent our summer at an orphanage in Haiti. While we were there, I had the opportunity to blog about our experiences, share photos, etc. I got used to it, and started to enjoy it actually. Ever since I returned, I have missed writing and sharing my thoughts and perspectives and thought what better way to continue such a thing than to start our own blog?? I had to be "somewhat careful" as the blog I was posting on this summer was not my own ... so look out, now that I am on my own! I don't know how many people will end up reading this and it doesn't really matter to me ... I am just looking forward to writing and sharing and keeping it as a journal of our experiences. I plan to share many stories and photos from our summer and previous trips to Haiti as well as sharing our adoption story as it unfolds. In the summer of 2008, Lexi and I spent a little time in Haiti at the Cabaret Baptist Children's Home. It was Lexi's first visit, my second. (I returned again in November with a friend, before Lexi and I returned again for summer 09). It was during that visit last summer that we met a precious little boy named Dourison. We fell in love with Him instantly and in no time at all, God confirmed to me in many ways that one day, Dourison would come home to live with us.



















We had so looked forward to spending our summer with him (amongst 40some other children), but little did we know that God had more in mind for us. Only a few days into our trip, we fell head over heals in love with an adorable little girl named Emily.

















Before leaving Haiti, I was able to meet with a lawyer there, Dourison's birth parents, etc and move them both to a different orphanage to start our adoption process. Since being home, the Lord has been fabulous and faithful and made the impossible seem possible over and over again. We just recently moved into a home that He not only drove me to, but provided the loan that was, in this world, impossible ... we serve a truly amazing Father! We can't wait until our children get to come be a part of our family.




































7 comments:

  1. I'll be reading. I love to hear God stories and how He works. I also love to hear how He blesses His children and His beloved children. The blog is awesome. Keep it up, My Friend. Love ya, The Andersons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis is more than anyone could have put together, "Then God" The children are beautiful! Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck paying for it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm ... I am quite certain that it has absolutely nothing to do with luck. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that may be true. let me restate it - i hope you get everything you still need to let this happen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay ... that's better. Thanks. I don't doubt it for a moment ...

    ReplyDelete